Challenges to Opportunities
SolAbility is a Swiss-Korean joint-venture founded in 2005.
SolAbility is a sustainable intelligence think-tank. Previously, our main line of business was sustainable management consulting. As such, we designed and implemented sustaiability startegies, policies and management tools that have made 3 DJSI Suspersector Leaders. SolAbility clients achieved sustained competitive advantage through implementation of sustainability management and communication. We also have have been active in ESG research provision, supporting Korea’s best-performing SRI fund.
SolAbility commercial work finances our non-comercial research. SolAbility an independent think-tank, and the publisher of the Global Sustainable Competitiveness Index.
We are professional. We’re analytical. The combination of professionalism, knowledge and creativity is the secret to our success.
We think outside the box. We are a bit different, and we are proud of it.
There is no firm in the global consulting industry that can match our success rate.
Why we do what we do
Our World is faced by a set of challenges that are often inter-acting in one way or another.
We see –
- economic volatility
- environmental degradation, pollution, water scarcity, climate change
- inequality of wealth, health and security between individuals, society groups, countries, and different regions of this World
- changing demographics – aging populations in developed countries, large pools of unemployed youth in developing countries
- artificial barriers between different values, ideas, and systems are hindering the realisation of an integrated sustainable economy
- a sometimes irritating lack of common sense
At the same time we see – there are solutions to all of these problems. However, practical solutions are often aggravated by artificial barriers. Barriers built by perceptions, fear of loss of standard of life, and by ideological theories and thinking.
We believe that –
Sustainable development and sustained economic development are not mutually exclusive, but essential and complementary elements of sustained development and business success
- Success is not a matter of ideology, but determined by the capability to integrate tangible and intangible assets into a comprehensive strategy
- Sustainable thinking and strategies are the best tool to overcome artificial man-made barriers
- Focusing on value is the most powerful driver
- People who believe in what they do, and do so with joy, are the strongest drivers for initiating changes and seizing new opportunities
Track record & clients
SolAbility has worked for a number of large multi-national clients. We are proud that three of our clients – for whom we designed sustainability implementation strategy, as well as management tools and supported sustainability communication – have been selected as “Supersector Leaders” (i.e. most sustainable company World-wide in their respective business field) by the DJSI (Dow Jones Sustainability Index), the most recognised international benchmark for corporate sustainability. For more details, please refer to track record and clients.