Challenges to Opportunities
SolAbility is a Swiss-Korean joint-venture founded in 2005.
SolAbility Sustainable Intelligence is an sustainable management consultancy for corporations and policy developers – the maker of 3 DJSI Suspersector Leaders. We also have have been active in ESG research provision, supporting Korea’s best-performing SRI fund. SolAbility clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage through implementation of sustainability management and communication.
SolAbility is also an independent think-tank and the publisher of the Global Sustainable Competitiveness Index
SolAbility brings together a mix of educational backgrounds (engineering, business, social sciences) and professional experiences. We highly value experiences gained away from the beaten track: around the world, hands-on in the field, where theoretical knowledge does not do without imagination, where things just have to work - now, not tomorrow.
Besides rigorous analytical work and strict adherence to deadlines, the combination of knowledge and imagination has been the secret to our success. It is our pride that all our customers have come back to us.
There are not many companies in the global consulting business that can match our success rate.
Vision & mission
We observe that –
Our World is faced by a set of challenges in a variety of issues that are often inter-acting in one way or another:
- economic turmoil as a consequence of uncontrolled financial markets
- climate change, water scarcity, environmental degradation, and dependence on an energy infrastructure based on a finite source: fossil fuels
- inequality and distribution of wealth, between society groups, countries, and between different regions of this World
- changing demographics with overlay of aging populations n developed and large pools of unemployed youth in developing countries
- Artificial barriers between different values, ideas, and systems are hindering the realisation of an integrated sustainable economy
... to name but a few.
At the same time we observe that practical solutions are often aggravated by artificial barriers, built by perceptions, fear of loss of standard of life, and by ideological theories and thinking.
We believe that -
Sustainable development and sustained economic growth are not mutually exclusive, but essential and complementary elements of sustained business success
- Business success is not a matter of ideology, but determined by the capability to integrate tangible and intangible assets into management frameworks
- Sustainable thinking and strategies are the best tool to overcome artificial manmade barriers
- Focusing on value is the most powerful driver to develop new strategies
- People who believe in what they do, and do so with joy, are the strongest drivers for initiating changes and seizing new opportunities
Track record & clients
SolAbility has worked for a number of large multi-national clients. We are proud that three of our clients – for whom we designed sustainability implementation strategy, as well as management tools and supported sustainability communication – have been selected as “Supersector Leaders” (i.e. most sustainable company World-wide in their respective business field) by the DJSI (Dow Jones Sustainability Index), the most recognised international benchmark for corporate sustainability. For more details, please refer to track record and clients.